Hemorrhoids are incredibly painful. Now, we always suggest that you go to the doctor if you are suffering from hemorrhoids. They may want to give you a quick check over to ensure that there is nothing untoward but, for the most part, you should be able to deal with the actual symptoms of hemorrhoids in the comfort of your own home. Let us introduce you to a few home remedies for hemorrhoids (piles).
Most people who suffer from hemorrhoids are overweight. Even if you can just shed a couple of pounds, you will greatly be reducing the chance of suffering from hemorrhoids in the first place. In most cases, this is all you really need to eradicate your symptoms completely!
Easing Pain and Itching
We have a couple of tips for you here. This is not really going to eliminate your hemorrhoids, but it will make them a lot more bearable while you try and get rid of them a different way:
- Warm Baths: you just need to fill up the bath tub with warm water. There only needs to be a couple of inches in there. You can then sit inside the bathtub. This will greatly relieve your pain. Many people do this right after a bowel movement. You can use it to clean the area around your anus. However, do not scrub and do not use unscented soap!
- Witch Hazel Wipes: you can purchase these from your natural health food store. It will instantly relieve you of your pain or itchiness.
- Ice Pack: this will greatly dull the pain. You can purchase dedicated ice packs for hemorrhoids, however, just a standard ice pack should be fine.
This is where we stop the pain becoming worse. This will even help to speed up the healing process:
- If you can’t pass a stool in a couple of minutes, get off the toilet. Do not sit there for long periods of time as it will put an intense amount of pressure on the lower reaches of your body.
- If you can, you may want to opt to wet the toilet paper before you use it. This is going to be far softer on your anus. It will ensure that the hemorrhoids are not too irritating.
- Do not hold your stool in. If you need to go, make sure you go!
Ensuring That The Problem Is Not Made Worse
It is so important that you consume a lot of fiber and drink a lot of fluids. This will ensure smooth passage of stools out of your body. The fact that the stools are soft means that they are going to be putting very limited amounts of pressure on the anus.
Honestly, dealing with hemorrhoids at home is very much a ‘wait it out’ process. With the tips above, you should be able to eliminate them within a couple of weeks. You will notice a positive impact in a week or so. However, if they are not starting to clear up by this point then you may wish to talk to your doctor for alternatives.